Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just too HOT to bake, so let's make some Lemonade!

Oh my goodness, it has been so hot! Seriously I'm beginning to hate to fire up the oven. I can't seem to keep the house cool enough as it is. I did bake this past weekend; I made a Tangled, Rapunzel cake for a precious 2 year old that I used to keep. Happy 2nd birthday Allegra, I just love her! I will share a couple of pictures of the cake, and maybe in a few more days post on how I made it. But since it's so HOT, let's just make some Lemonade!

Tangled, Rapunzel Cake

Happy 2nd Birthday Allegra!



Refreshing Homemade Lemonade                                     Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 cups of water, divided
  • 1/2 cup sugar
1) Pour lemon juice into a pitcher.
2) Add 1&1/2 cups water to the pitcher.
3) In a small pan heat 1/2 cup of water and the sugar over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
4) Pour the sugar water (simple syrup) mixture into the pitcher and stir.
5) Add ice to glasses and add your lemonade
Serves 4
E~N~J~O~Y

1 comment:

Elaine said...

What an adorable cake. I know she loved it. You are so talented!