Wednesday, June 8, 2011

S'mores Cookies

Okay so either you love S'mores, or..... you don't care for them at all! Personally, I love them, and if I have to I will make them in the microwave... I know, somehow that is just wrong.

So these are S'mores cookies and they are the real thing..So S'moretastic... okay, I know that's not really a word...but trust me, you will really like love these... So gather up your ingredients and let's get started!

S'mores Cookies
11- Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1- cup brown sugar, packed
1/2- cup granulated sugar
2- large eggs
1- teaspoon vanilla
1- teaspoon baking soda
1/2- teaspoon sea salt
1/2-teaspoon cinnamon
2 & 1/2- cups all purpose flour
1/2- cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-cup miniature marshmallows
3- regular sized Hershey's bars, broken into squares
2- packages of graham crackers, (break a full sheet into halves)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375*. Line baking pan with parchment paper. I used 11 X 17
Lay graham cracker squares on baking sheet with about 1/2" space on all sides

In a medium bowl cream butter, add brown and white sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Add flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to creamed mixture. Mix on low speed until well combined. Add chocolate chips & marshmallows and gently mix.

Place a scoop (approx. 2 Tablespoons) of cookie dough on top and in the center of graham cracker. Press down lightly on the cookie dough.
Bake for about 6 minutes, and then remove from the oven and press a Hershey's chocolate square, gently on top of cookie. Return to the oven for about 5 more minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
After they are totally cooled I go back and trim them with a metal spatula to make them square. And may I add I end up eating my share of the cut off trimmings :)
Enjoy!!

Before being cut

After being cut


Plate of S'mores Cookies
YUMMERS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will try them. I bet my family would love them.
Elaine
(could not post under my google account for some reason)

Kimber said...

Sorry Elaine, I think it's fixed now!