Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pina Colada Cookies

I have to admit these were not my favorite cookie by any means. But I threw in a few extra ingredients and they were  delicious not too bad. The funny thing was, that I kept tasting them trying to see if I liked them and they started growing on me. Needless to say I now have seriously overdosed on them. If you love coconut and pineapple try these, they are not time consuming at all. Think I will go taste them one more time.

Ingredients:
1/2- cup shortening
1/2- cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4- cup white sugar
1- egg, beaten
1/2- teaspoon vanilla
1- teaspoon coconut extract
1 1/2- cups all purpose flour
1/4- teaspoon baking soda
1/4- teaspoon salt
3/4- cup crushed pineapple, drained
1- cup coconut
THEN I added:
1- cup white chocolate chips
1- cup macadamia nuts, chopped
  • Cream shortening and sugars.
  • Add beaten egg mixed with vanilla & coconut extract.
  • Sift flour with soda & salt
  • Add to mixture alternately with coconut and pineapple.
  • Add white chocolate chips & macadamia nuts
  • Mix all items together well,until all combined
  • Drop by rounded teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
  • Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until done.
  • Be careful not to over bake these cookies.


Pina Colada Cookies

No comments: